Create a Google Assignment in Blackboard
Course Copies with Google Assignments
Google Assignments do not support Course Copies in Blackboard. If you attempt to copy a Google Assignment into a new course it will arrive with the text "Invalid Link" in the title. Invalid links can be safely deleted in the destination course and replaced as new using the steps outlined below.
Sign in to Blackboard.
Open your course.
Go to a Content or Assignment area.
Select Build Content → Google Assignment
The link to Google Assignments will open and ask you to link your Google account
- Sign in using your Syracuse University Google account (netID)@g.syr.edu
- If this is your first time using Assignments in this course, you must link your LMS account to your Google Account. For instructions, go to Link your account to Assignments (below)
Make sure you Link the account once you log in.
Setting up the Google Assignment
Enter a name and description for your assignment.
Add a point value and due date, then enter the details.
(Optional) To turn on originality reports, in the assignment, next to Originality reports, click the switch OnContinue.
- Note: You are only allowed 5 originality reports per class
(Optional) To make individual copies of a file for each student to work on, click Attach then choose the file and click Add.
(Optional) To add a rubric for this assignment, next to Rubric, click +Rubric and follow the directions at Create or reuse a rubric for an assignment.
Click Create when you are done adjusting your settings.
Once the Assignment is created, you can click on the title and monitor and give feedback to students.
- If you select the Pencil Icon, you edit the assignment title and description.
- You can also change the due date along with if you you want to enable the plagiarism.
Google Assignment in Google Drive
In a new tab, open and log into your Google Drive.
In your Google Drive, you will now find an Assignments folder that will have separate folders for each of your classes that you deploy Google Assignments in.
As new Assignments are added, there will be a new folder created to store the assignments submitted by students.
Link your account to Assignments
The first time you use Assignments in a course, you need to link your Google Workspace for Education account. When you do, Assignments creates a folder in Google Drive for student assignments and automatically sends grades to the LMS. Students can't submit classwork until you link your account. After you select Google Assignments as an external tool, choose an option based on whether you're:
- Signed in to a Google Workspace for Education account—Click Link Link to confirm.
- Not signed in—Click Sign in. Then, sign in to your Google Workspace for Education account click Link.
- Signed in to multiple accounts—Click Switch Account. Then, sign in to your Google Workspace for Education account click Link.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.