The Assignment tool allows students to submit files to their instructor to be graded.
When an instructor creates a Blackboard assignment, a column for that assignment is automatically created in the Grade Center.
- Click on the Content Area you want the assignment placed within your course.
- From the Assessments drop-down menu, choose Assignment
- Fill out your assignment information
- You can add instructions for your assignment, include rich media, and attach files
- You need to enter the Points Possible for the assignment. Note that this can be changed later if needed
- You can also enter a Start Date and End Date for the assignment. Once the deadline is due, the Assignment View/Complete link disappears from the content area and students are unable to submit their assignments unless the date is reset by the instructor.
- Click Submit. This automatically creates an item in the Grade Center which allows for student grades to be entered.
Sources and Relevant Links