This document lists the steps necessary to create a Random Block test. A Random Block test uses only a certain number of questions from a pool of questions (ex: randomly use 5 questions out of a pool of 13) and assigns different questions per test per student.
You must have an existing Pool of questions to use in order to set up the Random Block.
- Once in your course, turn Edit Mode ON.
- Click on the content area where you want to create the test.
- Click Assessments > Test.
- Click Create.
- Fill out the information on the next screen and Submit.
- On the Test Canvas page click on Reuse Question > Create Random Block.
- On the Add/Edit Random Block page choose the Pool to use, Criteria(Question Type/s) to include in the block, and Click Submit.
- Set the number of questions to include in the random block and the points possible for each question.
- Click OK