Rubrics can be linked to many types of graded content. Instructors can use rubrics to ensure consistent evaluation and can show rubrics to students to clarify expectations. Learn how to access a rubric that has been associated with a graded discussion and how to use that rubric for grading.
Note that you will have already needed to create a rubric in order to use it when grading.
- Access the assignment that needs grading from the Grade Center, and use the drop-down arrow to view the attempt.
- You will see the submission appear on the page, along with a panel on the right side of the page that allows you to enter grade information.
- On the right side of the page under Grade By Rubric, click on the rubric you created for this specific item.
- Select the appropriate items to grade the submission.
- When finished, click Save Rubric.
- You will return to the original grading page. Provide feedback if needed, and click Submit.