To grade a Forum or a Thread, the Grade option must be selected from the edit/settings menu. Make sure you enter a numerical grade. Note: Settings do not allow anonymous comments in a graded forum.
Grade a Student's Forum
- Begin on the Discussion Board.
- Click on the name of the Forum you want to grade.
Click Grade Forum at the top of the page.
The Grade Button will only appear if the Forum is set to be graded.
- You will see a list of users who have posted, the number of posts, and their grades (if given) on the Grade Forum Users page.
- Click Grade button next to the student you want to grade.
- The student's posts will appear in the middle of the Grade Forum page.
- Insert the grade value at the top of the page. This grades all of the student's posts in the forum collectively.
- Click Submit to save. You will see a green success bar.
- Click OK to return to the Grade Forum Users page where you will see the student's grade in the Grade column. The grade will also be recorded in the Grade Center.
- Select the next student to grade and repeat the steps.
Grade a Student's Thread
- Begin on the Discussion Board
- Click on the Forum to get to the Threads
- Click on the Grade Thread button to the right of the Forum name
- You will be taken to the Grade Thread Users page
- On the right hand side, click the Grade button of the student you want to grade
- You will be taken to the Thread Grade Page for that student
- The student's posts will be displayed in the middle of the page
- The grade and information about the student's posts will be displayed on the right
- Click Edit Grade button in the right hand column
- Enter the grade value and any Feedback (for the student) or Grading Notes (private to you)
- This grade is for all posts within a specific thread
- Click Save Grade; the grade will be visible in the Grade Center column and the Grade Thread Users page
- Grade and Feedback can be edited by clicking Edit Grade at any time
- Click OK when complete to return to the Grade Thread Users page
Note: Posts can be graded at the Forum level through similar steps