Once a merged course has been created, it is possible to add an additional course to the merge.
It also possible to separate a course from the merged section but this should NOT be used except to fix an errant course merge.
Separation removes a child course from a merged set of courses. The course itself is not deleted, but becomes a distinct course. The course is no longer associated with the merged set, and contains no material from its former parent course including student work or grades.
Adding an additional course to a merged section
- In the System Admin panel find the merged section. Using the drop down menu, choose Edit.
- This will open the Course Settings Page.
- In the Child Courses section,
- Either type in the course ID of the course you need to add to the merged section, or
- Use the Browse button to search for the course.
- Click Submit.
Separating a merged course
Separating a course from its parent will result in the student being unable to access any work submitted in the merged section nor any grades. This process should only be used to immediately correct a mistakenly added section before any student work has been submitted. The now-separated course is no longer associated with the merged set, and contains no material from its former master course including student work.
- In the System Admin panel find the merged section with its child courses.
- Using the drop down menu, choose Separate.
- This will open the Separate window.
- There are two radio buttons. Choose Remove Master Enrollments. This will remove any traces of the child course from the parent (i.e. merged) section including any student work or grades.
- Click Submit.