An organization can be set for participants to self-enroll in an organizations that has been made available.
Organization Leader Considerations
When you submit a Blackboard Organization Request form, you can elect an option for prospective participants to "self-enroll." It's important to ensure that the course availability is turned on when you are ready for users to enroll in your organization. In order to do this:
- Locate the "Details & Actions" control center in your organization (located to the left of the organization page)
- Within the control center, an icon will display that shows either a or
- If the control center displays the unlocked icon, your organization is available and users will be able to search for and enroll themselves in your organization.
- If the control center displays a lock icon, the organization is unavailable and will not appear in the Organization Catalog. Continue to Step 4
- Next to the locked icon, click the link that says "Participants can't access this organization"
- Click the option "Open to Participants" on the confirmation message that pops up
- You should now see an unlocked icon in the control center indicating that your organization is now available to users in the Organization Catalog
Participant Self-Enrollment Instructions
To self-enroll in an organization:
- Navigate to the "Organization" section of your Blackboard dashboard
- Click on the "Organization Catalog" located in the top right hand corner of the page
- Once the Organization Catalog is open, use the search bar to search the name of the organization you wish to enroll
- When the organization appears in your search, click the options menu button located next to the Organization ID
- Select "Enroll" from the options menu
If the organization is access code protected, a page will display asking for you to provide the code. Contact the Organization Leader listed for the organization to obtain the access code.