To collaborate in Microsoft Word, you can share documents via Blackboard through links and embed codes.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Portal using your Syracuse University account (netID)@syr.edu
- On the left-hand side menu, select the Microsoft Word icon.
- Create a Microsoft Word document or upload one from your desktop.
- Once the document has been created, select the Share option in the upper right-hand corner.
- Set your sharing availability and viewing/editing options and select Apply
- Copy the link
- In Blackboard, go to the content area where you want to share the document and select Build Content → Web Link
- Name the Web Link then paste the URL into the link. (Optional: you can leave instructions in the text editor for the students to click on the title)
- Click Submit and your link will be created in your class
- To embed the document in the class, in the Microsoft Document, select File → Share → Embed
- In the Embed screen, select Copy
- Go to the Web Link you created and select Edit from the dropdown next to the title
- In the text editor, select the Source Code Icon <>.
- Paste the Embed Code into the Source Code Menu then select Save
- You can now resize the Word Doc in the editor using the blue squares in the corners
- Select Submit and you will see the image of the Word Doc.
- If you open the Word Doc, you can select Edit from the Upper right-hand corner and start editing in real-time or open it in your Word desktop app.
Sources and Relevant Links