Grade schemas control how grades are displayed to students in the gradebook. This page shows how to create and edit schemas in the gradebook settings.
Accessing Grade Schema Settings
In your Blackboard course, open the Gradebook tab in the course navigation menu.
Find and click the gear icon in the upper right to access the Gradebook settings.
The first section of the Gradebook Settings is Grade Schemas. Click "Manage Grade Schemas" to open the settings.
Adding a New Grade Schema
Editing a Grade Schema
Applying Grade Schema to Gradable Items
Once a grade schema is created in the gradebook settings, it is available to be used and applied to any gradable items in the gradebook. To apply a schema, follow these steps:
- Select the item - this can be done either by opening the item in the Course Content area or clicking on the column header in the gradebook and selecting "Edit"
- Click the gear icon in the upper right of the screen across from "Assignment Settings."
- When the panel menu appears on the right side of your screen, scroll down to the "Grading and Submissions" section.
- Under the "Grade using" option, click the drop down menu (defaulted to say "Points").
- Choose the grade schema that you would like to apply to the assignment.
- Click the black "Save" button in the right hand corner.
Schemas can also be applied to calculation columns, including the Overall Grade column. For more information, see the Answers page on the Overall Grade.
Here is a video walk through of how to apply grade schema to gradable items in your Blackboard course: