Please follow these steps when you are uploading a .pdf file using the File tool in Blackboard 9.1, otherwise users will not be able to view the .pdf file if they use Firefox on a Mac.
This is a BROWSER bug not a Blackboard bug.
- Click on the drop down menu next to Build Content.
- Browse for the file either on your computer or on your course.
- Name the file.
- Select the color of the file name, if desired.
Select "Yes" to the option Open in a New Window.
This is the most important step. The default is set to "NO" and you will need to change this to "YES" in order for students to view the .pdf file
- Click Submit.
If you do not want the file to "Open in a New Window", you should upload the file(s) using the Item tool in Blackboard.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to Build Content
- Select Item (By selecting Item as your choice Blackboard renders the .pdf file correctly).