Downloading a Participant List from Blackboard
Instructors can import participant information from Blackboard into TurningPoint Cloud.
These instructions are intended for TurningPoint 8, the most recent and recommended version, and updated versions of TurningPoint 7.
If you edit a downloaded roster, updating it will remove any changes you've made and overwrite them with the information from Blackboard.
The following outlines the process for downloading a new participant list from Blackboard. This option is available once you have successfully created and account and opened the software.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click on Course and select New from the menu:
- Choose Download from LMS and click Create Course.
- In the next screen, under "Integration" select Blackboard SSO and enter a server address of "http://blackboard.syracuse.edu" leaving the other fields blank. Check the box for "Remember this information" and click Connect.
- This will take you to the new Blackboard Splash Screen. Click SU NetID Login.
- Login with your NetID if necessary.
- When you see the SU Blackboard Site through the portal window, you can click Finalize Connection.
- In the next window, check the box next to the course or courses you want to import. New courses will be listed at the bottom. Click Import.
- The application will show you a confirmation dialog.
- Your new roster will appear in the left hand area of your Manage screen.