You can use the What-If functionality to view your audit for:
- Proposing change in major, declaration of a minor or a concentration, declaring a second major or minor, declaring a dual program, and to see how the proposed changes may affect path toward degree completion.
- Planning coursework (looking ahead) in your current or proposed curriculum.
- What-If for proposed curriculum is only available for undergraduate programs. Graduate programs are not included due to the concern of triple counting courses which would be misleading to the student.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students may use the Look Ahead function to plan courses for their current program.
- Undergraduate students may also use Look Ahead to plan coursework in a proposed curriculum.
The What-If Analysis tool can be found under the What-If tab to the right of the Academic tab.
Steps for running a What-If analysis:
- Click What-If tab in Worksheet
- Expand What-If analysis
- Determine if planning curriculum change, planning coursework or both for selection criteria
- Include in-progress/preregistered coursework or deselect if do not want to include in what-if
- Select Criteria
- Click process to run What-If audit
To run another what-if:
- Expand What-If analysis again
- Prior selection criteria still displays
- Reset fields or change selections
- Click Process
- Click Print if you wish to print or save pdf of What-If audit
To return to Worksheet:
Click Academic tab to left of What-If