Syracuse University's Academic Programs include all undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees, including all majors, minors, and certificates. The assessment focus for Academic Programs is on the student learning outcomes associated with knowledge, skills, abilities, capacities, attitudes, or dispositions to be gained by students that complete the academic program.
The annual progress reporting window for academic programs is open through October 15. Faculty are asked to provide updated assessment and action plans summarizing results, interpretation, and action for one or more student learning outcomes for the academic year. Please review the list of important reminders.
Phase 1 – Specify and Plan:
- Identify student-learning outcomes
- Specify information, evidence, and measures to be collected
- Establish criteria to be used to determine success
Phase 2 – Collect and Analyze:
- Collect the data specified in Phase 1
- Interpret the results as a department
- Make recommendations for improvement
Phase 3 – Action and Follow-up:
- Indicate what changes will be implemented
Indicate how the impact of this modification to unit operations will be assessed
For more details, please see the academic assessment page.
For additional help, please see general assessment resources that may be helpful.
To see the schedule of workshops and events, please see the Events page.