|IMPORTANT: If you are off-campus you need to connect to the VPN before attempting to connect to SSMS. Instructions can be found here: Configure VPN on Windows (SURA)|
2. Copy and paste the following text exactly as it appears into the new file, replacing the bold text "NETID" with your own SU NetID.
(The path may varies depends on the version of your SSMS install)
3. Within your text editor app, choose File -> Save As. For the location, choose your Desktop or somewhere else that you'll remember.
4. Under the "Save as type" drop-down, choose "All Files (*.*)"
5. For the file name, choose a name and give the file a ".bat" extension. Save the file.
6. Run (double-click) the .bat file that you created and provide your NetID password when prompted.
7. Enter the following information into the Connect to Server dialog.