The following steps document the process a student should take in order to properly remove/disable IIS in their virtual machine.
Steps to Remove IIS
1. Once logged into your Windows 10 VM, tap search and type Control Panel
2. From the Control Panel view, select Programs and Features
3. From here, select "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left pane
4. Next, scroll down until you see "Internet Information Services"
5. If it is currently enabled, you will see a check or black box as pictured above. Click this until the box is unchecked and then click Ok, then Yes at the next Prompt (picture below)
6. Now you should see an empty box next to IIS. Restart your machine and proceed with standard use of your VM.