This page outlines the iSchool practices, operations, and policies to ensure all staff and faculty are aware of operations in relation to Hinds Hall.
Hinds Hall Hours of Operation: August 23rd., 2021 through December 17th., 2021
Hinds Hall Normal Hours of Operation:
|Hinds Hall Normal Operation|
Typically closed on Holidays and Appreciation Days, see URL = hr.syr.edu/benefits/paid-time-off-and-leaves/holiday-schedule for specific days.
Closing times may be adjusted toward the end of a semester to accommodate student work loads.
Computer labs and Collaboratories may close earlier based on occupancy.
Exterior doors: Access is restricted to Faculty, PhD Candidates and Regular Staff. Please note; students are not provided card access to exterior doors with the exception of student staff, during extended closures, with express permission from their supervisor. Students in the building prior to its closing will be allowed to stay. However, labs and classrooms will close according to the building schedule. There are two computer labs; rooms 016 and 020 which will remain open.
Interior doors: Most interior doors controlled with card access are associated with a research space. Access may be provided to students on the request of the supervising faculty member. Twenty four hour access is provided, however access expires for students at the end of the current semester and must be renewed again by request of the faculty supervisor for each subsequent semester.
All spaces that are reserve-able have an associated calendar. Availability of spaces may be viewed at URL = calendars.ischool.syr.edu
For information and instructions on the use of technology available in these spaces please refer to iSchool Spaces.
Unless otherwise noted **, these spaces may be scheduled by anyone with access to the Outlook Calendars
|120 Hinds **||Executive Collaboratory - Primary Contact Margaret Craft||Conference Room|
|121 Hinds||Conference Room||Conference Room|
|206F Hinds **||Collaboratory - Primary Contact Peggy M Takach||Collaboratory|
|216 Hinds||Marta Dosa Collaboratory||Collaboratory|
|219 Hinds||M&J Reitkopp Collaboratory||Collaboratory|
|315 Hinds||Antje Bultmann Lemke Collaboratory||Collaboratory|
|336 Hinds||Harman Collaboratory||Collaboratory|
Classrooms & Computer Labs:
** Are reserve-able only by the iSchool's Academic Affairs office - Margaret Craft is the Primary Contact
|010 Hinds||Technology Classroom||Classroom|
|011 Hinds||Innovation Studio||Studio Classroom|
|018 Hinds||Case Classroom||CASE Classroom|
|021 Hinds||Katherine Katchmar Learning Center Case Classroom||CASE Classroom|
|111 Hinds||Digital Learning Center||Classroom|
|117 Hinds||Technology Classroom||Classroom|
|243A Hinds||Icebox II Studio Classroom||Studio Classroom|
|013 Hinds||Katherine Katchmar Learning Center iSysLab||Instructional Lab|
|016 Hinds||Tutorial Lab||Open Lab|
|020 Hinds||Computer Lab||Open Lab|
|027 Hinds||ITELL - IT Experiential Learning Lab||Instructional Lab|
Special Reservation Spaces:
** Are reserve-able only by the iSchool's Administrative Specialists
|002J Hinds||Video Recording Studio||Studio Resource|
|239 Hinds||Adjunct Office - Primary Contact Peggy M Takach||Private Space|
|023 Hinds||iSchool Social Lounge||Public Space|
|198L Hinds||Christine Parker iLounge||Public Space 1st Floor West Lobby|
|347 Hinds||Katzer Collaboratory|
Lockers are available for our resident PhD and visiting Doctoral Students, located in room 231.
Register for a locker by selecting one and sending the ID number of the locker to ISCHOOLFCS@OT.SYR.EDU using your @syr.edu email address. Please include the date you plan on ending use of the locker. Registering for a locker will allow us to help you if you are having trouble with a locker. Should you not register and are using a locker and are having trouble, service will require additional time and personnel to establish you should in fact have access to the locker. If you require assistance please email the address above.
The starting default combination is 3-3-3.
- Start with the default combination.
- Turn Knob Counter-Clockwise 450 until Triangles are aligned.
- Set a new combination. Remember and keep safe the new combination.
- Turn the Knob Clockwise 450 the new combination is now set.
- Turn the Know Clockwise 1800 to lock the door. The combination will automatically scramble.
- To Open, change number dials to the new combination and rotate the Knob Counter-Clockwise 1800 to unlock the door. The combination will again automatically scramble.
- The combination will remain the same unless it is changed by starting from the most recent combination and continuing with the instructions at step #2.
- The use of lockers in the iSchool is for your convenience and used at your own risk. The iSchool and/or Syracuse University is not responsible for the loss or security of locker contents or any unclaimed items removed from a locker.
- Administration reserves the right to inspect lockers at anytime for any reason. The iSchool and/or Syracuse University may, in its discretion, share the results of a locker inspection with the police, authorities, or other external bodies.
- Damaging, defacing or altering a lock/locker may result in fines.
- Individuals shall NOT use the assigned locker to contain narcotics or illegal drugs, firearms, explosives, dangerous or flammable chemicals, etc.
- Lockers will be checked at least annually.
- We will make every effort to notify you once your end date has been reached to determine if you wish to extend or terminate use of the locker. If no response is received after a reasonable amount of time it will be assumed you are no longer using the locker and any contents remaining, if any, have been abandoned by you and will be disposed.