For troubleshooting the Camera and/or Microphone in common recording applications such as Microsoft Teams, Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom AND Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)
ITS Classroom Technology Guide Fall 2020
Navigate Here - For more information on how to present in the Katzer room.
Overview of Katzer Setup
Normal Capacity - 50+
Socially-Distanced Student Capacity - 20
Socially-Distanced Conference Capacity - 9
Front Room Display & Accessories
At the front of the room, you will see the an HDTV Front Monitor, Camera 1, the Extron Touch Panel (w/ Display/Audio Inputs Below), and Microphones.
Close-Up of Front Inputs
- The Inputs located below the Extron touch panel are found pictured below; each correlates with a display/setting found on the Extron Panel:
Back Room Display & Accessories
- At the back of the room, you will see another HDTV Monitor, Camera 2 and the Local PC Components operating in this room.
- Local PC: Desktop running the Katzer Room.
- Wireless Mouse & Keyboard: Allows you to control the Local PC.
Extron Touch Panel System Settings
Note: When "System Off" is selected the classroom takes approximately two minutes to shut down everything and then reboot for operation.
- Source Select - Selecting the above will change the input displayed throughout the room to whichever is highlighted.
- Audio Conference (Dial-Out Options) - Select this option to begin utilizing the phone functionality of the Katzer room.
- Utilities - Each option selected from this row will open a secondary set of settings. (Each Utility is discussed in detail below).
- Volume Settings - On this screen, Volume bar is universal and will change throughout the entire room if adjusted.
- Mic Volume - On this screen, Mic Volume bar is universal and will change throughout the entire room if adjusted.
Monitor Control Settings
- Power - Main power controls for the TV displays throughout the Room.
- Source - Selecting any of the below options will change the outputted display for the Monitor you selected.
- Select the Lights Control option to adjust the lights throughout the room.
- Select the Camera Control Utility from Main Extron Screen to reach these settings.
- Camera Control- The Arrows will adjust height/angle for the two cameras located throughout the classroom.
Zoom will change the focus/zoom of each camera individually.
Presets will set the camera to a previously saved position.
- Select the Audio Control Utility from Main Extron Screen to reach these settings.
If audio is not outputting, make sure mute is NOT highlighted.
Dial-Out Controls & Settings
- Audio Conference (Dial-Out Options) - Select this option to open up the following display.
- Incoming/Out-coming Volume - Increase or Decrease these options to adjust their respective volume throughout the room.
- Dialer - Use this keypad to make a dial-out call from the Katzer Room. (The speakers and microphone are located via surroundings throughout the room).
- Delete - Delete a number you typed incorrectly
- Call - To make the call of the dialed number
- End Call - To end the call currently in session
- Flash -
- Privacy - Mute the microphone on your end but still allows for audio to come through.
General Support Dial-Out Numbers
- Below you will find the general support numbers for Hinds Hall help.
COVID-19 Classroom Accommodations
Each classroom in Hinds Hall is now equipped with additional technology for professor & students. The technology; which includes Cameras for video recording, Headset Docks to support faculty deployed headsets, etc. servers to facilitate proper practices in the classroom while adhering to COVID-19 guidelines.
The following documentation will highlight features and controls for the new tech, as well as explaining its functionality from room to room in Hinds Hall.
On the teaching station, you will find a headset dock ready for pairing with your personal wireless headset for virtual classroom uses. In the picture below, you will see an example of a headset dock and a headset located at the front of the room.
Connecting your Headset to the Dock/Classroom
To ensure that your headset successfully pairs with the headset dock, connect the headset to the dock, as seen in the image below, and wait until you hear a beep come from the headset dock and then confirm the headset icon located on the side of the dock is solid white (see image below and no. 5 located in Headset Components).
In the image below, you will see the following headset components:
- 1 - Volume up
- 2 - Volume down
- 3 - Call answer/end button
- LED lit when on a call
- 4 - Battery icon
- Solid white: full charge
- Blinking white: charging
- Solid red: very low
- 5 - Headset icon
- Blinking white: headset pairing to base
- Solid white: headset paired to base
- Solid red: headset not paired to base
- 6 - USB connection for PC
- 7 - Wide Band/Narrow Band switch
- Default Wide Band
- 8 - Power Connection for wall power
- 9 - Mute button
- 10 - Mute LED
- Lit when microphone is muted