Creating a Teams Meeting
There are multiple ways to create a meeting for Microsoft Teams. The below information will highlight our recommended steps for creating your next Teams meeting.
- Select Calendars Tab in the bottom left.
- From the Calendar View, Navigate to the date which you will create a Teams Meeting
- Highlight the Date, then Select "New Teams Meeting" from the top bar
- The following window will open allowing you to customize meeting attendees as well as the setting/details of the Teams Meeting.
- Select the people, groups, or list-servs who you will invite to the meeting.
- Send the event and this link will now populate in Outlook and Teams Calendar.
Within Microsoft Teams
- Launch the Teams desktop app; or login to https://teams.microsoft.com
- Navigate to the Calendar section, located on the sidebar
- In the upper right, click either 'Meet now' or 'New meeting(to create a future meeting)':
- Fill out the appropriate meeting information:
- *OPTIONAL* Use the Schedule Assistant button to check schedules of all meeting attendees to confirm they are available at the selected time
If you would like to share the meeting link, copy link and send it to users. (Join the meeting by opening the meeting on your calendar and hitting join):
- How to Create a Teams Meeting
- How to Record a Meeting
- Share a Teams Meeting Recording
- Additional Presenter(s) in an Existing Teams Meeting
- Change Notification Settings in Microsoft Teams
- Guests joining a Teams Meeting
- Manage File Change Notifications
- Guests joining the iSchool Team
- Screen Sharing in Teams
- Share a Folder in a Channel to Outside Users
- Change Profile Photo
- Microsoft Teams Classroom AV Modes
- Troubleshooting - Clear application cache