The iSchool website calendar uses the Syracuse University community calendar for events. Anyone with a Syracuse University NetID and password can submit events through the Syracuse University Community Calendar. All events are reviewed approved by iSchool Marketing and Communications upon submission.
What to submit to the community calendar
This calendar is for public events that will promote community engagement and outreach within the iSchool.
Examples of good events to submit to the community calendar include:
- Research talks
- Dissertation defenses
- Information sessions
- Student group events
- Alumni events
- Recruiting events
Examples of what not to submit to the community calendar include:
- Internal meetings
- Faculty or staff only events
- Office hours
- Committee meetings
Submitting your event
Before you start, review the submission form and make sure you have all the necessary information to submit your event. Required information includes:
- Event title: aim for a title that is 60 characters or less, including spaces
- Event description: be as descriptive as possible
- Event date
- Event start AND end time
- Registration link (if applicable)
- Website link for more information (if applicable)
- Location (including building and room number)
- Event contact name and email: while the SU calendar does not require this for submission, but we strongly encourage that you include one to make event communication easier.
- Event cost
- Intended audience
Grouping and categorizing your event
Always use the School of Information Studies (iSchool) group. If you choose a different group, your event will not get submitted to the iSchool team for review and will not make it to the iSchool's website calendar.
This is an optional field. You may choose one or more organizers.
The following iSchool groups are listed under "Organizers" and should choose their department where applicable:
- iSchool Academic Advising
- iSchool Alumni Relations
- iSchool Career Services
- iSchool Experiential Learning
- iSchool Graduate Admissions
- iSchool Undergraduate Admissions
- Center for Computational and Data Science (CCDS)
Use the Information and Library Science category as a default, unless you feel another category fits better.
Choose the event type that dest describes your event.
What if I want a graphic for my event?
While graphics aren't required for calendar submissions, the Marketing and Communications team can make a graphic for you upon request. After you have submitted your event to the calendar, submit a graphic request to the iSchool Marketing and Communications Request form. Include all relevant, high-resolution graphics or photos, such as headshots, photos, or logos. Allow 3-5 business days for graphic creation.
Once you have submitted your event, the SU events calendar will send an automatic notification for the iSchool Marketing and Communications team. Events will be approved within one (1) business day.