For iSchool Faculty- a how-to page on uploading your course syllabus
This document explains how to upload an associate a syllabus with a course you're scheduled to teach. It is helpful to do this close to registration time so students can learn more about the classes you teach.
- Log in to My iSchool. More Info: How to log in to My iSchool
- Once you are logged in, you will need to click on the My Classes link under My Profile
- Under My Classes, you will see your list of classes you teach. You can attach a syllabus using the + Add Syllabus Button in the Syllabus column.
- From the upload page, click the Choose File... button to browse your computer for your syllabus. Choose Upload - please upload your syllabus in PDF format.
- When you are done uploading, you will return back to the My Classes list, under the syllabus column you should now see that your syllabus is set to "Authenticated Users Only" by default. This will require users to login before viewing the syllabus.
You may change the view status of your syllabus using the dropdown menu in the syllabus column.
There are three possible states:
Disabled - Not viewable. Document is accessible only by my.ischool administrators. Do not use this unless your syllabus is undergoing temporary revision and you need to block it completely from view.
Authenticated Users Only - User must log into my.ischool account to view syllabus. This is the default, and it complies with regulations as it is viewable, but the syllabus is restricted to viewing by valid SU students, faculty, staff who have logged in.
Public - Viewable by all website users. This complies with regulations to be viewable at least by SU students, and it also is viewable by anyone generally coming to the website who clicks the link.
- You can remove the syllabus for a course in the "Actions" column.