State-of-the-art technologies in the field; computer architectures, telecommunication networks, software design and application; issues in information management and technology use.
Professor of Record
This course is open to all undergraduate students at Syracuse University. No prior information technology knowledge is required.
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Recall key terms and definitions related to common information technologies.
- Describe at a basic or intermediate level the workings of the Internet, databases, Internet security, and productivity applications.
- Evaluate consumer and business focused information technology products and services.
- Analyze and/or criticize the impact of information technology on contemporary life.
- Demonstrate information ethics with respect to issues such as intellectual property, cyber-crime, privacy, or related issues.
- Explain how various forms of information technology will intersect with their career, industry of interest, and personal lives.
Other iSchool Courses
- IDS 301 - What's the Big Idea?: Technology Innovation
- IDS 302 - Idea2Startup
- IDS360 - Entrepreneurial Immersion Experience
- IDS403 - Startup Sandbox
- IST 101 - First Year Forum
- IST 195 - Information Technologies
- IST 233 - Intro to Computer Networking
- IST 256 - Appl.Prog.For Information Syst
- IST 263 - Intro to Front-End Web Dev
- IST303 - Global Financial Systems Architecture
- IST305 - Globalization: Collaboration, Culture, Systems & Data
- IST 322 - Digital Strategy & Analytics for the Web
- IST 323 - Intro to Information Security
- IST325 - Information Management Consultation
- IST 335 - Intro/Info Based Organizations
- IST336 - Leading Issues in Info Security
- IST 337 - IM&T Support Practicum
- IST 341 - Human-Centered Design
- IST342 - Information Security Policy
- IST 343 - Data in Society
- IST 344 - Info Reporting & Presentation
- IST 345 - Managing Info Systems Projects
- IST 346 - Info Tech Mgmt & Administration
- IST349 - Human-Computer Interaction
- IST 352 - Info Analysis of Org. Systems
- IST 359 - Intro to Data Base Mgmt Systs
- IST363 - Advanced Front End Web Design
- IST 387 - Intro to Applied Data Science
- IST402 - Digital Forensics
- IST 407 - Data Mining
- IST 408 - Blockchain Management
- IST 414 - Data Driven Inquiry
- IST419 - Economics for Info Mgmt
- IST 421 - Information Visualization
- IST 425 - Enterprise Risk Management
- IST431 - Security in Networked Environments
- IST443 - Critique of the Information Age
- IST447 - Complex Issues in IT Project Management
- IST448 - Enterprise Wireless Networks
- IST452 - Advanced Computer Networking
- IST453 - Telecommunications Regulations
- IST456 - Information Policies and Decision Making
- IST462 - Scripting for Data Analysis
- IST 466 - Prof Issues/Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST469 - Advanced Database Management Systems
- IST471 - Internship in Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST472 - Coop Educ in Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST475 - Full Stack Web Development
- IST476 - Applied Information Security
- IST 477 - Research in Innovation, Society, and Technology
- IST 486 - Social Media in the Organiz.