A multidisciplinary perspective of risk assessment, modeling, and management. Topics include: concepts of personal accountability versus governance and policy; how organizations define and measure risk and loss; and plan for contingencies.
Professor of Record
- Learn and apply different theoretical frameworks that underlay individual and organizational perception of risk and their impact on risk management or contingency planning. This will enable you to better participate and develop risk management programs, strategies, and practices.
- Analyze what influences how risk, opportunity, loss, and benefit are defined and measured in the context of a variety of case studies and industries.
- Evaluate the process, challenges, and benefits of transitioning to an enterprise-wide risk approach in a variety of organizational contexts.
- Discern risks in different organizational contexts.
- Analyze and synthesize forces supporting or inhibiting organizational identification of risk or development of contingency activities.
- Learn and apply different qualitative and quantitative risk measurement approaches to be able to recommend appropriate methods for measuring and monitoring types of risk.
- Analyze, synthesize, and evaluate cases involving a wide range of risks to business continuity, including environmental disasters, accidental loss, deliberate human intervention, legislative, social, political, financial, and procedural risks. This will enable you to discern more effectively the broad range of enterprise-wide risks facing different types of firms.
- Research, synthesize, and evaluate risk management practices at real organizations in order to add to your practical experiences and understanding of enterprise-wide risk management.
- Learn and apply the common risk management vocabulary so that you may more effectively participate in discussions about enterprise-wide risk management.
Other iSchool Courses
- IDS660 - Spring Break in Silicon Valley/Entretech - NYC
- IST 511 - Intro to Library & Info Prof
- IST556 - Mobile Network Services
- IST564 - Accessible Lib & Info Services
- IST 600 - Digital Humanities
- IST 600 - Information Justice and Community Engagement
- IST 602 - Digital Forensics
- IST 603 - Global Financial Systems Architecture
- IST 605 - Reference & Info Literacy Svces
- IST 608 - Blockchain Management
- IST611 - Info. Tech. in Educ. Orgs.
- IST612 - Youth Svce inLibrary Info Ctrs
- IST 613 - Library Plan., Mrktng, Assess
- IST 614 - Management Principles for Information Professionals
- IST 615 - Cloud Management
- IST 617 - Motivational Aspects of Information Use
- IST 618 - Information Policy
- IST 619 - Economics of Digital Transformation
- IST 621 - Information Management and Technology
- IST 622 - Preserv. of Cultural Heritage
- IST 623 - Intro to Information Security
- IST 624 - Preserv Lib/Archival Collctns
- IST 625 - Enterprise Risk Management
- IST 627 - What's the Big Idea: Technology Innovation
- IST 628 - Organization/Management of Archival Collections
- IST632 - Management and Organization of Special Collections
- IST634 - Security in Networked Environ
- IST 635 - Collection Dev & Access
- IST 636 - Leading Issues/Info Security
- IST639 - Enterprise Technologies
- IST643 - Enterprise Services and Virtualized Systems
- IST 645 - Managing Info Systems Projects
- IST646 - Storytelling Info Professional
- IST647 - Network Virtualization
- IST648 - Enterprise Wireless Network Technologies
- IST 649 - Human Interaction W/Computers
- IST 651 - Scripting for Enterprise Data Systems
- IST 652 - Scripting for Data Analysis
- IST 654 - Information Systems Analysis
- IST655 - Enterprise IT Consultation
- IST 658 - Advanced Enterprise Network Management
- IST 659 - Database Administration Concepts & Database Management
- IST661 - Managing a School Library
- IST662 - Instr Strgt & Tech/Info Profs
- IST663 - Motivating 21st Cent. Learning
- IST 664 - Natural Language Processing
- IST668 - Literacy Through School Libraries
- IST671 - Research Methods in Info. St.
- IST672 - The Public Library as Institution
- IST 673 - Technology & The Future of Work
- IST 674 - Academic Librarianship
- IST676 - Digital Data and Services in Libraries
- IST 678 - Communication for Information Professionals
- IST 681 - Metadata
- IST 682 - Cultural Competence for Information Professionals
- IST 687 - Introduction to Data Science
- IST 700 - Visual Analytics Dashboards
- IST 700 - Applied Deep Learning
- IST 700 - Deep Learning, NLP, and Computational Social Science
- IST 700 - Agile Project Management
- IST 704 - Applied Info Security
- IST 707 - Applied Machine Learning
- IST711 - e-Government
- IST 714 - Cloud Architecture
- IST 715 - LAMS: Libraries, Archives, and Museums
- IST717 - Advanced Library Management
- IST 718 - Big Data Analytics
- IST 719 - Information Visualization
- IST720 - Topics in Library Leadership
- IST 722 - Data Warehouse
- IST724 - Database Security
- IST725 - Information Technology Security Architecture
- IST726 - Enterprise Architecture: Concepts and Practice
- IST 728 - Information Security Policy
- IST735 - Copyright for Information Prof
- IST 736 - Text Mining
- IST745 - Proj Portfolio and Prgm Mgmt
- IST 747 - Comples Issues in IT Project Management
- IST 754 - Capstone Project in Enterprise Data Systems
- IST 755 - Strategic Management of Information Resources
- IST769 - Advanced Big Data Management
- IST 772 - Quantitative Reasoning for Data Science
- IST 790 - Theories of Information
- IST 971 - Internship in Info Studies
- IST972 - School Media Practicum
- IST 973 - Internship in Information Studies
- IST 974 - Internship in Applied Data Science