Students currently residing outside of the United States should activate their Azure account using an RDS computer - https://answers.syr.edu/x/ygabBQ
Navigate this Page
Azure for Students is available only to students who meet the following requirements. You must affirm that you are age 18 or older and attend an accredited, degree-granting two-year or four-year educational institution where you’re a full-time student in a STEM-related field. You must verify your academic status through your university’s email address .
The student account grants $100 in free credit to use and test the Azure services.
Am I eligible?
Your eligibility is added to Microsoft Azure based on your affiliation with the iSchool. In order to be eligible to access Microsoft Azure, you must:
Be enrolled in an IST class for the current term (term schedules can be found on the Academic Calendar)
- Currently reside in the US (or use RDS as noted above)
Enroll / Activate your Account
- Navigate to the following link - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/students/
- Select 'Activate Now' to start the Microsoft Azure Student Account creation
- When prompted to login with a Microsoft Account - use your University email address NETID@syr.edu
- Follow the steps to activate your account - Azure will verify your student status and grant access when accepted (~2-3min).
- The Dashboard for an activated Student Account is pictured below.
Azure for Students FAQs
- iSchool Spaces
- Lab Services
- Ideal Computer Setups for Remote Learning