Maintaining an accurate faculty/staff profile is critical to attract prospective students and keep current students informed. When surveyed current students indicated that faculty profiles are among the first pages visited when registering for classes. Profiles are also consistent top performers in terms of number of visits and time-on-page. Due to the iSchool’s high domain authority, faculty and staff profiles are very visible in organic search. When someone Googles your name, there is a good chance the iSchool profile will be one of the top results.
Please take a moment to update your profile. It only takes a few minutes and the process is simple.
Sign in to the iSchool website ( https://ischool.syr.edu )
After you Sign in, click the "go to my.ischool.syr.edu" link that appears
Click on your photo and name in the upper left corner “Edit My Profile” on the dashboard
- To update your headshot, click on your photo as show below.
- To edit your bio, click the edit icon on the top right. When clicked, the edit icon will change to a save icon. Be sure to save after you have made the appropriate edits.
- Additionally, you may add or edit attributes such as education or social media links or view your branded and formatted email signature.
- You may copy your email signature or email it to yourself. You will need to paste this signature in the signature settings within your email client.
Job Titles and Categories
- Users cannot add, remove, or edit their own job title. A request should be sent to Maureen O’Connor Kicak for a title change.
- If you are a new faculty, staff, or doctoral student it is important that you contact Maureen O’Connor Kicak after you have completed your profile. Maureen will add your affiliation and job title that will activate your profile so it appears in the online directory.
- If you have any questions or experience any issues just let us know and we will help you out.