Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Download and Install Drivers
Be sure to choose the correct driver that matches your operating system version.
If you aren't sure, see the Apple support page - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201260
- Hinds 343 - ist-h343-xerox7556
- Hinds 245 - ist-h245-xerox5955
- Hinds 114 - ist-h114-xerox7970
macOS Print Driver (you only need to install this driver once but have to add each copier separately)
- Hinds 337 - ist-h337-hpljm401dne
- Hinds 206 - ist-h206-hpljm402dn
- Hinds 002C - ist-h002-hpljm402dn
- Hinds 002M - ist-h002m-hpljm479fdw
- Hinds 011A - ist-h011a-hpdjz3200ps (Plotter)
- Hinds 105 - ist-h105-d2150cdn
Printer Connection Strings:
Hinds 343 - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h343-xerox7556
Hinds 337 - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h337-hpljm401dne
Hinds 325 - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h325-hpljm401dne
Hinds 206 - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h206-hpljm402dn
Hinds 245 - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h245-xerox5955
Hinds 114 - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h114-xerox7970
Hinds 002C - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h002-hpljm402dn
Hinds 002M - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h002M-hpljm479fdw
Hinds 011A - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h011a-hpdjz3200ps
Hinds 105 - smb://ist-s-print2.ad.syr.edu/ist-h105-d2150cdn
Add the printer
- Open System Preferences, and click on "Printers and Scanners".
- Click on the "+" icon underneath the left-hand "Printers" pane.
- Choose "Advanced" on the Add window toolbar. If you do not see the "Advanced" button, you will need to customize your toolbar to add it. (Right-click on the toolbar, choose Customize Toolbar and drag the "Advanced" gear icon into your toolbar.
Fill in the Advanced screen options as shown in the image below. Be sure to substitute the proper information for the printer you want to add.Type = Windows printer via spoolss
Device = Another Device
URL = insert the connection string for the printer to which you want to connect from the "Printer Connection Strings" list at the beginning of this guide.
Name = give the printer a name for your reference - do not use any spaces in the name
Location = give the printer location for your reference - again, no spaces
Use = see step #5
Under the Choose A Driver drop-down menu, choose "Select Software" and then find the correct model name for your printer.Note that the correct driver will not appear in the list unless you completed the Download and Install Drivers step at the beginning of this guide.
- After selecting your driver, click Add and the printer should now show up in your list.
The first time you try to print, you should be prompted to enter your username and password. Enter youNetID and password in the format shown below.
If you wish to save the credentials to your Keychain, you can do so by checking the box in the authentication window.
- When sending your first print job, you may not be prompted to enter your username and password, and your print job pauses with the message Hold for Authentication.
- Click the circular arrow icon in the queue window next to your print job, as shown below. This should cause you to be re-prompted to enter your information.