- Login using your NetID credentials at http://syracuseuniversity.qualtrics.com
- Create a new project then under 'Create your own' click Survey. Then on the right click Get Started.
- Now you should be on the Untitled Project page with your first question showing. It defaults to Multiple Choice but along the right side of the screen are all sorts of questions that can be customized. We can help go through these if you can't find the ones you want or how to tweak them. It's super powerful.
- Click on the name Untitled Project to rename it.
- There are buttons to Preview your survey before publishing it. You can even share a preview link with others before it goes live. I would gather feedback while in the Preview stage and not Publish until it's finalized.
- After you click Publish it gives you a link to share with people.
- The Distribution tab has various ways to let people know about the survey, but you can stick with the link if you want.
- The Reports tab helps you see the results and then share the results (see the Share Report button in the upper right, where you can choose PDF, CSV, etc)
- You can add others survey collaborators from the SU community. They have to login once to Qualtrics on their own before you can add them. On the main Projects page, click the three dots to the right of your survey and pick 'Collaborate'. You can then add other syr users and give them specific permissions like edit, view only the reports, etc.
Before adding a collaborator, they must first log into Qualtrics; otherwise they won't appear in the auto-populate list when you type their email.
- On the main Projects page, click the three dots to the right of your survey and pick 'Collaborate'. You can then add other syr users and give them specific permissions like edit, view only the reports, etc.
It supports file uploads as part of a survey, even letting you do custom validation to limit file types and file sizes.
Support and Training
- There’s a nice set of tutorials on using Qualtrics for research collection of data at:
- Qualtrics also provides phone support for end users: https://answers.syr.edu/x/WRskBQ