RLAB STATUS MESSAGE
RLab is now only a backup remote lab solution. Please use RDS.SYR.EDU and select iSchool to access the iSchool software remotely. More information can be found here: https://answers.syr.edu/x/ygabBQ
The iSchool's Remote Lab is a "virtual" computer lab that allows students and faculty to remotely access an iSchool lab computer from their home, dorm room or anywhere with a stable broadband internet connection.
A web browser is needed in order to connect to Remote Lab.
Recommended browsers: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Connecting to Remote Lab
- Using a web browser, navigate to rlab.ischool.syr.edu.
- If you are not logged in already, you will be prompted to do so using your SU NetID and password.
- Under Work Resources, select the iSchool icon.
- You will be prompted with a popup-dialog box asking you to allow the remote computer to access printer and clipboard functions on your computer. This is completed by checking or unchecking the boxes labeled Printer and Clipboard. You can also disable this popup in the future by checking the box labeled Don't ask me again for connections to this computer.
- Press Allow to sign-in and access your Remote Lab machine.
- To sign-out, click on the Sign Out button in the upper-right hand corner of the Remote Lab window. You will be returned to the main login page.
Save your work to your network (H:\) drive
Just like our physical labs, any files saved to the local hard drives will be removed.
Save your work often
Although we consider the Remote Lab platform to be stable, working remotely brings many factors into play, such as unexpected network outages, ISP issues or problems with your home network or personal devices. Saving often will help avoid losing your hard work and valuable time.
- Please be aware: Idle sessions will automatically be logged out after 2 hours.
- RLab (Secondary iSchool Pool)