Table of Contents
Installing the Remote Desktop Connection client on a Mac
Note: This only needs to be done if the client is not already installed on your Mac.
1. Open the App Store on your Mac and search for Microsoft Remote Desktop. When the results are displayed, click on the red Microsoft Remote Desktop icon.
2. Click the Get button and then click Install App.
3. Enter your App Store password when prompted and the app should download and install. You can now close the App Store.
Connecting using your Mac
1. Open the Launchpad and look for the Microsoft Remote Desktop icon. Click on the icon to open the app.
2. Click on the New icon at the top of the window.
3. When the Edit Remote Desktops window opens, type in a connection name, (your choice)
4. In the PC Name field, type your PC Name
5. Click on User Account and select Add User Account
6. Type in your NETID username in the format AD\netid and then your password. Once you close the window, your connection entry will be saved.
7. Click on the General Tab and select Reconnect if the connection is dropped
8. Click on the saved connection and you it should initiate the remote connection. If you are prompted with a warning certificate message, click Continue.
9. If your username and password were correctly entered, you should briefly see a login screen that displays a warning message indicating that the server is restricted to authorized users only. Then you should connect to the server in full screen mode.