International Student Career Guide
The International Student Job Search Guide (from www.internationalstudentcareers.com)
Top Companies that sponsor H1B Visas (2019)
We know that finding internships and full-time opportunities in the United States can sometimes seem like a daunting task and we want to help. Please click on the following resources to find information on internship and job searching specifically geared towards an international student.
Handshake is Syracuse University's career development tool, and it's your starting point for all your career-related needs.
Through Handshake, you can:
- Look for jobs and internships
- Research employers
- Update your profile with career-related information to stand out to recruiters.
Student Guide on how to use Handshake:
Are YOU LinkedIn? It’s an incredible networking tool that can connect you to more than 120,000 Syracuse University alumni and current students.
Finding a job on LinkedIn:
GoinGlobal is an online careers portal offering Syracuse University students access to a variety of resources for jobs, internships, and employment. It also includes information for international students including visa regulations and other tips and tricks. The Job & Internship Listings contain more than 10,000 international job openings and internship positions - with 5000 listings in cities across the United States. Search worldwide by industry, country, or keyword. Features postings from Global 500 companies.
The portal provides:
- 42 Country Career Guides
- 47 City Career Guides for the United States and Canada
- Work permit/visa regulations for world-wide locations
- H1B employer listings in the US
- Corporate profiles
- Business resources
- Resume/CV writing guidelines and examples
- Interview advice
- Cultural advice
- Worldwide job and internship postings
How to Access GoinGlobal
You can access GoinGlobal from Handshake
- Click on Career Center – Resources
- You should see a GoinGlobal link
- Click GoinGlobal Country Career Guides
OPTNation.com (Opportunities for Students) is one of the most popular US-based job portals, which offers the best OPT Jobs for international students.