As part of our collaboration with Microsoft, we're pleased to offer iSchool students a unique opportunity to access the Visual Studio Enterprise Subscription at an exclusive price of only $170. This subscription provides you with a wealth of benefits, including $150 monthly Azure Credit that is automatically renewed each month for one academic year.
With Azure's fully integrated tools, pre-built templates, and managed services, you'll be able to develop and manage enterprise, mobile, web, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications faster and more efficiently. This is an exceptional chance to leverage a world-class platform that would typically cost $5,999.00.
Don't miss out on this valuable opportunity to enhance your development skills and create innovative solutions with the help of Visual Studio Enterprise Subscription and Azure's powerful features. Talk to you professor and sign up today to take advantage of this special deal exclusively for iSchool students.
- Can I use my monthly Azure credits to run production applications?
Monthly Azure credits for Visual Studio subscribers are specifically for individual dev/test usage only. To run production workloads, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid Azure subscription, such as pay-as-you-go pricing.
- How much does it cost?
There is no cost to use these credits. They are included in your Visual Studio subscription. When you run out of the credit that’s allotted for the month, you won’t be able to continue using it until it resets the next month.
- Are there any geographic or service restrictions impacting this benefit?
Azure subscriptions created via the Visual Studio Subscriptions benefit may be impacted by restrictions that aren’t imposed on paid subscriptions. Certain geographies may not be available for creating VMs and Azure services, and certain service types may not be available. There may be a lower default quota than on paid subscriptions.
- My organization has multiple Visual Studio subscribers. Can their monthly Azure credits be pooled?
Credit pooling is not available. This benefit is intended for personal use by the Visual Studio subscriber.
- Are there any other limitations I should be aware of?
The monthly Azure credit for Visual Studio subscribers is for development and testing only and does not carry a financially backed SLA. We reserve the right to suspend any instance (VM or cloud service) that runs continuously for more than 120 hours or if we determine that the instance is being used for production. We are making this capacity available to Visual Studio subscribers on a best-effort basis; there is no guarantee of capacity availability.
- When does my subscription expire?
Information about your subscription is available in the Subscriber Portal. Connect to see a list of your subscriptions and to view information such as expiration dates and support information.
The monthly credit does not apply toward purchase of the following services:
- Support plans
- Application Insights
- Visual Studio subscriptions
- Azure DevOps
- Visual Studio App Center
- Third-party branded products
- Products sold through the Visual Studio Marketplace
- Products otherwise sold separately from Azure (for example, Azure Active Directory Premium)
To purchase these services, you’ll need to remove your spending limit and provide a credit card for billing.
Navigate this page
- You can purchase the subscription online at Syracuse University Bookstore.
- The subscription for the Microsoft Visual Studio will be sent to your University E-Mail within 1 business day of the processing of your order.
- Within this email you will need click on the 'Access my subscription' button.
- You can also Sign in to my subscription.
- Make sure your subscription is set to Visual Studio Enterprise and activate your monthly credit.
- You may have other personal subscriptions similar to the example below.
- You can view existing subscriptions in Azure portal.
- You can customize and save your filters to view the resources you care about the most. Azure portal will scope all the views down to the resulted subscriptions from the active filter via Portal settings | Advanced filters.
- More information can be found in View and filter Azure resource information.
Check usage in the Azure portal
Azure credits are some perks that are offered by Microsoft that help you save money. If you are using some of the Azure Resources that are not free then it will get deducted from these credit points as the monetary charge. Using the Microsoft Azure Portal, you can check the Azure credit balance for your billing account.
- All increases in usage levels of service resources (e.g. adding to the number of compute instances running, or increasing the amount of storage in use) are subject to the availability of these service resources. Any quota described in the Limits, Quotas and Constraints section is not a commitment that there will be sufficient resources available for you to reach the quota.
- For any subscriptions of this service that are not incurring charges and are inactive for more than 90 days, Microsoft reserve the right to remove any compute resources including hosted service(s), virtual machines and websites. Please note that no data would be deleted and customers can redeploy at any time. We will also provide advance notice prior to removing any compute resources.
- You can also avoid having your compute resources removed by login into the Azure portal every 90 days.