ITS Learning Environments and Media Production
Page tree

Picture of Women's Building


Previously, the Women’s Gym (now no longer existing) housed both men’s and women’s physical education activities; in 1909 the men moved to the newly built Archbold Gymnasium. However, the Women’s Gym was recognized as inadequate for the women students.

The Women’s Building served as the hub for women’s intercollegiate athletics until 1982, when they merged with the men’s program and moved to Manley Field House. By 2010, many of the University’s intramural outdoor competitions took place on the Women’s Building playing field.




  • No labels