Installing Bomgar in Internet Explorer 8 Windows
Instructions and screen captures of the installation of Bomgar in IE 8 Windows.
- If you do not see any of the following screen shots, it is possible that the windows are hidden behind other internet windows.
Installing Bomgar in IE 8
- Open Internet Explorer 8 and type http://bomgar.syr.edu/login in the address bar. Type in your netid and the temporary password given to you.
- This will bring you to the Bomgar User Login Set Up page. Choose the correct platform for your operating system and click "Download Bomgar Representative Console."
- A File Download Security warning box will pop up and you should click "Run."
- An Internet Explorer Security warning box will pop up, you should click "Run."
- A Warning box will pop up that asks if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer. Click "Yes."
- You should now be viewing the "Console Setup" screen. To begin the installation, click "Next."
- Read through the license and agreement and if you agree to the program's terms, click the "I agree" option and click "Next."
- Next choose your user information and click "Next" - please note that workstation privileges may be required.
- Choose an installation location on your computer and click "Next."
- Installation of Bomgar should be complete. Click "Finish."
You should now be brought to another login page. Fill in your netid and temporary password and login to the program.
Once you have logged in you should see the following screen: