*Configuring Entourage 2008 for Exchange (server 2010)*
Users can no longer connect to their exchange account using Entourage 2008 when connecting to an Exchange 2010. If there is an existing Exchange account linked in Entourage 2008 it should be deleted.
- Open Entourage 2008 and click on Entourage in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings
- Click 'new' to create a new account then select IMAP then click OK.
- Fill in 'Account Name' as desired.
- Enter 'email address' eg; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your NetID in 'Account ID'
- Enter exchange.syr.edu in the IMAP Server field.
- If desired enter your password for permanence and check the 'Save password in keychain¿'
- Click 'Click here for advanced receiving options'.
- Check 'This IMAP service requires a secure connection (SSL)'.
- Check 'Override default IMAP port' and verify that '993' appears in the port setting.
- Close 'advanced receiving options' window.
- Enter 'smtp-host.syr.edu' in the SMTP server field.
- Click 'Click here for advanced sending options'.
- Check 'SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL)'.
- Check 'Override default SMTP port' and verify/enter '465'.
- Check 'Use same settings as receiving mail server'.
- Close 'advanced sending options' window.
- Click 'Okay' to close account configuration page.
- Close 'accounts' window.
- Click 'Send/Receive' and verify folders and mail populates.
- Test send email to alternate email and verify.