The SU email policy requires that all official University email communications be sent to your @syr.edu email address. If you choose to re-direct your @syr.edu email to another account, such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to use SUmail for a while and get familiar with its features (Sumail features) before you decide to redirect your mail.
Printer-friendly version of these instructions: Redirecting your email.pdf
Instructions for redirecting
1. Login to your SUmail account at http://sumail.syr.edu.
2. Select the "Gear" from the top right-hand corner and then "Options" from the drop down menu.
3. Click on "connected accounts"
4. In the "Forwarding" section, type the email account you want your SU mail to be forwarded to.
5. Click "Save" or click "Stop Forwarding" to cancel it.
6. Check the box if you want to keep email copies in your SU mail account.