What is EquatIO?
- EquatIO from TextHelp (the makers of Read & Write) is a tool that helps make equations, formulas, and graphs accessible. Users can type, write, dictate, or copy any expression and convert it to an accessible format suitable for use in Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
- It includes handwriting recognition and smart prediction to autofill common expressions and formulas.
- EquatIO an also translate to/from LaTeX expressions.
- EquatIO also integrates seamlessly with Read&Write.
How do I get access to EquatIO?
- Syracuse University maintains an annual site license
- EquatIO is available for Windows, Mac, and as a Google Chrome Extension
- Download EquatIO for Windows (Note: When asked to sign in, click 'Sign in with Google' and use a valid netID@g.syr.edu address.)
- Download EquatIO for Mac (Note: When asked to sign in, click 'Sign in with Google' and use a valid netID@g.syr.edu address.)
- Get the EquatIO Chrome Extension (Note: must be logged in to Chrome with a valid netID@g.syr.edu address, with Sharing enabled)
How can I learn about all of the features of EquatIO?
- Visit the EquatIO Self-Paced Training Portal
- View EquatIO Playlist on YouTube
- Download the EquatIO for Google Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
- Download the EquatIO for Windows or Mac Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)