Adobe now requires that all products be licensed to actual, individual user accounts. As such, the Clinic generic accounts cannot themselves be used to activate Acrobat. A workaround is necessary to prompt the software to request the student's own login credentials. Details are below.
- Sign into computer with assigned Clinic account
Launch 'Adobe Creative Cloud' application
Launching any other Adobe applications first will result in an 'Access Denied' error message when following these directions.
- When prompted to sign in, enter Clinic account info in format "CLNC001@syr.edu"
- A Microsoft prompt for 'More information required' is displayed, choose 'Use a different account'
- At the pick an account screen, choose “Use other account” option and log in with the user's NetID information (username is NetID@syr.edu and password is NetID password)
- User will be prompted to verify their account using Multi Factor Authentication
- A Microsoft prompt to 'Stay signed in?' will be displayed, the user may opt for either choice