Please note that this system is restricted to ABLT users only.
Users will connect first to the university's virtual private network (VPN), and then to the virtual cluster.
Connect to VPN
The university supplies VPN solutions for Mac and PC computers, using the instructions at the links below.
Please use your ABLT account credentials when connecting to the VPN.
Connect to Virtual Computer Cluster
- Launch a remote desktop client
- such as Microsoft Remote Desktop, available for free download in the Mac App Store and Microsoft Store for Windows
- When prompted to connect to computer, enter "law-bbivmclust.syr.edu" without quotes
- Enter credentials using the format "ad\[ABLTusername]" without quotes and your usual ABLT account password
- Example username: ad\ABLT99
- Connect to the machine
- If warned about remote certificates, click to accept or allow connection
- Save your work often
- Please log out of the virtual session when done
- Click Windows start menu
- Click user icon
- Not the power button
- Choose Sign out
- As with the physical ABLT computer cluster, follow the directions below to activate Acrobat if needed