The information below is intended for College of Law audiences only.
Successfully Repaying Your Student Loans
The Office of Financial Aid is committed to helping students understand their loans and develop a successful repayment strategy. To learn the basics of loan repayment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page to get started.
We also have tools to help you keep track of all the details:
- Know what you owe. You can use the AccessLex Institute's Student Loan Calculator to determine financing needs, explore repayment options and strategies for success.
- Download AccessLex Institute's repayment guide The Road to Zero: A Strategic Approach to Student Loan Repayment
- Review resources and information on Public Service Loan Forgiveness here.
Have more questions about loan repayment or need to make a loan repayment plan?
- Contact Financial Aid at LawFinAid@syr.edu or 315.443.1962 with any questions.
- Request a one-on-one online appointment at any time with an Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®) through AccessLex Institute. Current students can use MAX coaching options through their free MAX account or schedule an appointment with an accredited MAX coach; prospective students and alumni can use the AccessConnex by AccessLex tool on AccessLex.org.