This information has been updated following the decommissioning of SURA and the Mac VPN in Spring 2022.
Accessing a virtual desktop via RDS
Please visit the RDS system documentation for detailed information on connecting to the virtual desktop.
- Connect to RDS using your own student credentials
- From the RDS desktop, open Remote Desktop Connection app
- In Start Menu search bar, type Remote Desktop Connection and select the search result for the app
- Enter the computer name "law-bbivmclust.syr.edu"
- Click Connect
- You may ignore warnings about the remote connection's certificate
- When prompted, enter your ABLT credentials in format "ad\[ABLT##]" without quotes and your assigned password
All questions regarding remote connection to LAW machines can be directed to the LAW IT department at: