There are two methods that can be used to save emails to the shared G drive (or to your H drive or a local folder). Both methods are explained below.
- Click the item that you want to save as a file.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save in list, click the location where you want to save the file.
- In the File name box, type a name for the file (You can choose to leave this as the message subject).
- In the Save as type list, click the file type that you want (Outlook Message Format – Unicode (*.msg) is recommended ).
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save the message(s) or create a new folder, and leave it open on your desktop.
- In Outlook, click on the message and begin dragging it.
- Press the Alt/Tab keys so the folder you want to save it in appears.
- Drop the message into the folder.
The message will be saved with a .msg file type (same as above). If you want to save multiple messages to the same folder, select them by using the Ctrl key, and drag and drop them as a group.