If you have access to a shared Microsoft Exchange email account, you can connect to the mailbox, through your web browser, using the steps below.
If you are a Law student who has access to a Student Organization email account and you cannot login at step 2, please send an email to the IT department at email@example.com
Students opening a shared student organization email account, follow here:
- Open your web browser and navigate to /firstname.lastname@example.org
(Changing mailbox to the email account name, for example: https://email@example.com)
- Login with the NetID and password that was provided to you.
Staff / Faculty opening a shared account, follow here:
- Log into exchange.syr.edu with your own netid / password.
- Once you are logged in, click on the head in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select the option to Open another mailbox.
- In the open another mailboxwindow, you have two options:
- Type in the email address of the account that you would like to access, or
- Begin to type in the name of the account that you wish to open. Once you start typing, you can click "Open" to bring up a list of accounts that include the letters that you have type so far. Select the account by clicking on the name.
- Click Open.
- The new account should now be open in place of your account that you had previously logged in to.