Table of Contents
SU Guests/Visitors Wireless Access
SU Guests/Visitors Printing
Creating a Guest Printing Account
1. Open a web browser and go to https://printing.syr.edu and click on the bottom Register as a New User link.
2. Fill out the form and click Register.
3. Open your email account and look for an email asking to verify your email address. You’ll need to click on the link in that email to verify and activate your printing account.
4. Login with your newly created account. Select the Add funds (CASHNET) tab and proceed to instantly add funds to your account with a credit card before printing for the first time.
Funds cannot be added with cash, the university currently only allows guest account transactions via credit card.
Funds are only required for printing, scanning is free on all public copiers/scanners using this guest account.
Printing From a Laptop, Mobile Device or Libraries Workstation
Email to Print
Only the following patrons will be able to print from a libraries workstation: SU Emeriti Faculty, SU Distance Learning Students, SU and ESF Alumni, Sponsored/Visiting Researchers, Spouses/Dependents of SU Faculty/Staff. In order to print, these patrons need to borrow a guest USB login key from the Circulation desk at Bird library or Carnegie library.
This feature is currently limited to B&W double-sided printing only.
1. Compose a new email (with the email address used to create the guest printing account).
2. Include the file/s you wish to print as an attachment (you can attach more than one document in the same email).
3. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Login to the SU print management system at https://printing.syr.edu
5. From the Jobs Pending Release tab, release your job by clicking print next to your job’s name and selecting a printer from the listed options.
Libraries printers are:
- lib-bird-0 (Bird Lower level)
- lib-bird-1-email (Bird 1st floor, east side)