Assisted listening device
- These devices receive all audio being projected in the room speakers and can be worn by users with hearing disabilities. Users have the ability to control volume and listen through an earpiece (3.5mm jack) that is connected to the body pack receiver.
- Located in the drawer inside the locked closet (accessible with the same room key) by the windows, the assisted listening device can be turned on by sliding the wheel to the left (out of the OFF position).
- Use the Seek button or Channel Select buttons if you're unable to hear any sound, the device should be on channel R.
- Remember to switch the device off to preserve the battery.
Camera (video conference)
- A room-facing camera is located under the HD Display Screen. It can be accessed through videoconferencing software (Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc...) when using the Presenter PC.
- Speakers are mounted on each side of the HD Display Screen on the wall.
- They can be accessed via the Presenter PC (Settings->System->Sound) or HDMI input on your personal device.
- Volume can be adjusted via the Media Controller under Volume.
Conference phone capable
- Located at the Circulation desk (Bird library, first floor), the conference phone can be checked out, along with your room key, at the time of the event.
- Locate an Ethernet port in the room to connect the phone to (see Network). Connect the provided Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port.
- Connect the USB-C-to-Ethernet adapter to the USB-C port on the back of the phone. Then, connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the adapter.
- The screen may flash for a second, then you'll see the boot screen while the phone is starting (takes about a minute). Once finished booting, the main screen will show up displaying the conference phone's phone number.
- Instructions on how to start a conference call is located here.
- An overview of the phone schematics and instructions is located here.
- Additional wired microphones (with Mute buttons) are available with the phone, they connect to the ports located on the left and right side of the phone. You can extend the microphones up to 7 feet (2.13m) from the phone. For best results, place the microphones between 3 feet (0.91 m) and 7 feet (2.1 m) away from the phone.
HD display screen
- Located in the front of the room, mounted on the wall.
- The display can be turned On and Off from the Media Controller under Display.
- Located on the Media Controller, an HDMI input is available to connect personal devices to the HD Display Screen. An HDMI cable is located in the locked closet by the window.
- Select HDMI from the Media Controller to activate the input.
- An HDMI to mini DisplayPort adapter is available in the drawer inside the locked closet by the window.
Keyboard and mouse (wireless)
- A wireless keyboard and mouse are located inside the locked closet (accessible with the same room key) by the window.
- No setup is necessary. If either device does not respond, try replacing the battery (spare batteries are available in the cabinet inside the locked closet by the window).
- Located on the wall to the left of the HD Display Screen, this is used to control the input of the devices available in the room.
- An HDMI and two USB ports (one is used by the wireless keyboard and mouse in the room) are available.
Microphone (wireless handheld, lapel, room)
- Wireless handheld and lapel microphones are located in the drawer inside the locked closet by the window.
- Hold down the Power/On-Off button for a few seconds to turn on and off.
- Microphones should be on the 566.600 MHz frequency (as noted on the receiver in the locked closet).
- Remember to turn microphones off to preserve batteries.
- Replacement batteries are located in the same drawer as the microphones.
- Microphone volumes can be adjusted via the Media Controller panel under Mic. Volume.
- Room microphone is located on the ceiling of the room and available through videoconferencing software (Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc...) when using the Presenter PC.
- Additional/relevant information located here.
Network (wired, wireless)
- Ethernet ports are located on the wall below the Media Controller, closer to the floor (ports that start with 2tb followed by numbers are active).
- A Windows PC is available inside the locked closet by the window. Select PC from the Media Controller to access it.
- You can log in using your NetID and password or via the Guest account.
- Software list
Videoconferencing software settings
- When using videoconferencing software, the device settings should be set as followed:
- Camera – PTZ Pro 2
- Speaker – ExtronScalerD
- Microphone – Microphone (USB Audio CODEC)