Checklist for processing multi-media format titles—DRAFT
This checklist applies to titles comprised of two or more non-print media, such as DVD and compact disc. These may include as well accompanying booklets or print guides.
1. Catalog title as a unit with the general material designator (GMD) of the primary format included in the title statement (in $h of MARC field 245): 1. DVD primary format = [video recording] 2. CD primary format = [sound recording] 3. CD-ROM primary format = [electronic resource]
1. Locate title and assign call number based on the primary format:
1. DVDs to Media (Video accession numbers) 2. Music CDs to Humanities and Fine Arts (Music CD accession numbers) 3. CD-ROMs to appropriate service desk based on fund code or special instructions (LC call numbers).
1. Include additional formats as accompanying materials (in $e of MARC field 300)
1. Create MARC holdings record that lists each item (each in a separate 866-field)
1. DVD 2. Compact disc 3. Booklet
1. Create item records based on how the package is housed. If all pieces are in a single container, create one item record with the appropriate piece count. If pieces are in separate containers, create an item record for each separately packaged piece.