Apple TV (screen mirroring)
Assisted listening device
- These devices receive all audio being projected in the room speakers and can be worn by users with hearing disabilities. Users have the ability to control volume and listen through an earpiece (3.5mm jack) that is connected to the body pack receiver.
- Located in the first cabinet door on the right side, the assisted listening device can be turned on/off by holding the Power button on top for a few seconds. Pressing the Power button while ON will display device information, including battery levels and device channel.
- Insert headphones in either of the two ports on top.
- The device should be on channel CH-1.
- Use the up/down arrow buttons to adjust sound.
- A charging cable is available in the same drawer as the device.
- Remember to switch the device off to preserve the battery.
Blu-ray, DVD, VHS player
- The DVD and VHS players are located in the first cabinet door on the right side. The Blu-Ray player is located under the Teaching Station towards the left side.
- All three devices can be selected via the Media Controller's input selection under Blu-ray or DVD/VCR.
- Remote controls are located in the first cabinet door on the right, under the DVD and VHS players.
Camera (video conference)
- There are two cameras in the room, one located in the front wall behind the Teaching Station. The second camera is located in the middle-right side of the room when looking towards the back of the room.
- The cameras can be accessed via the Media Controller's input selection under Camera Controls and will be available through videoconferencing software (Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc...) when using the Presenter PC.
Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART)
- Event coordinator must schedule CART services.
- Speakers are mounted on each side of the front wall.
- They can be accessed via the Presenter PC (Settings->System->Sound) or HDMI input on your personal device.
- Volume can be adjusted via the Media Controller's Main Volume buttons.
Conference phone capable
- Located at the Circulation desk (Bird library, first floor), the conference phone can be checked out, along with your room key, at the time of the event.
- Locate an Ethernet cable in the room to connect the phone to (see Network).
- Connect the USB-C-to-Ethernet adapter to the USB-C port on the back of the phone. Then, connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the adapter.
- The screen may flash for a second, then you'll see the boot screen while the phone is starting (takes about a minute). Once finished booting, the main screen will show up displaying the conference phone's phone number.
- Instructions on how to start a conference call is located here.
- An overview of the phone schematics and instructions is located here.
- Additional wired microphones (with Mute buttons) are available with the phone, they connect to the ports located on the left and right side of the phone. You can extend the microphones up to 7 feet (2.13m) from the phone. For best results, place the microphones between 3 feet (0.91 m) and 7 feet (2.1 m) away from the phone.
- Located in the middle-right side of the room when looking towards the back, can be accessed via the Media Controller's input selection under Confidence Monitor.
- This monitor will allow the user to view the source that they have displayed on the projector/display, while facing the audience.
- Mounted on the ceiling towards the front of the room.
- Can be accessed via the Media Controller's input screen under Projector, with On/Off and Video Mute (stops displaying content on the Projection Screen) options.
- Located on the Teaching Station, can be used to connect your personal device to project onto the Projection Screen.
- Select the HDMI option in the Media Controller's input selection.
Keyboard and mouse (wired, wireless)
- A wired keyboard and mouse are available on the Teaching Station.
- A wireless keyboard and mouse are available in the first cabinet door on the right side. On/Off switches are located on the top-right side of the keyboard and the under-side of the mouse.
- Remember to switch both devices off to preserve battery.
- No setup is necessary. If either device does not respond, try replacing the battery (spare batteries are available in the same drawer the wireless keyboard and mouse were located).
- Located inside the right side closet towards the back of the room.
- Located on the Teaching Station, this is used to control the input and options of the devices available in the room via its touchscreen.
Microphone (wireless handheld, lapel, room)
- Wireless handheld and lapel microphones are located in the second cabinet door from the right.
- Hold down the Power/Mute button for a few seconds to turn on and off.
- Wireless handheld and lapel microphones should be on the following frequencies (as noted on the receivers inside the middle two cabinet doors):
- White label – Group 1 Channel 8
- Blue label – Group 1 Channel 9
- Yellow label – Group 1 Channel 12
- No label - 518.150 MHz
- Warning: Only one microphone type per label can be used at a time. For example, a white label handheld microphone can't be used with a white label lapel microphone. But, a white label handheld microphone can be used with a blue label lapel microphone.
- Remember to turn microphones off to preserve batteries.
- Replacement batteries are located in the first cabinet door from the right.
- Microphone volumes can be adjusted via the Media Controller panel under Mic Volume.
- Room microphones are mounted on the ceiling and are available through videoconferencing software (Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc...) when using the Presenter PC. A mute option is available on the Media Controller under Ceiling Mic Mute.
- Additional/relevant information located here.
Network (wired, wireless)
- An Ethernet cable is located inside the first cabinet door on the right, towards the bottom.
- Additional Ethernet cables (slightly longer) are available inside the drawer of the first cabinet door on the left side. If switching cables, the cable needs to be plugged in to the port labeled 1A-F27 (Phone).
- A Windows PC is available on the Teaching Station. The actual computer is mounted underneath the Teaching Station, next to the Blu-Ray player. Select PC from the Media Controller to access it.
- You can log in using your NetID and password or via the Guest account.
- Software list
Projection screen (retractable)
- Located in the front wall of the room, the retractable screen can be pulled up or down via the switch towards the right-side of the wall (first switch from the left).
Teaching station (movable)
- Located in the front of the room, you'll find the movable Teaching Station along with the Presenter PC, the Media Controller panel, a microphone, an HDMI cable to connect personal devices, an outlet for power and a USB input cable to connect USB devices.
Videoconferencing software settings
- When using videoconferencing software, the device settings should be set as followed:
- Camera – MEI USB3.0 CAPTURE DEVICE (front and rear camera options available through the Media Controller)
- Speaker – Extron HDMI
- Microphone – Microphone (MEI USB3.0 CAPTURE DEVICE)
- The Presenter PC screen doubles as a Wacom tablet with a digital pen attached on the right side to use as an input device with appropriate software.
- Additional/relevant information located here.