Table of Contents
Flatbed Scanning (up to 8.5x11 inches)
Flatbed scanners are available on the first (east side), second and third floor of Bird library and Carnegie library, connected via USB to the public workstations. Instructions on how to use them can be found attached to the scanners or under the How-to section below.
Flatbed Scanning (up to 11x17 inches)
A single flatbed tabloid scanner, connected via USB to a public workstation, is located on the 4th floor of Bird library by the media viewing/listening area.
Copy Machines Scanning Function (up to 11x17 inches)
All Xerox copy machines available throughout the libraries have a scanning function with the ability to send directly to any email address or save to a USB flash drive (must be FAT formatted). The scanning function is free of charge, but requires a netid and password (or guest printing account login and password) to login.
Microfilm scanning/viewing machines are available on the 3rd floor of Bird library by the stairwell.
Creating a PDF
1. Open Adobe Acrobat DC from the Windows Start menu.
2. Select File->Create->PDF from Scanner.
3. Click Scan.
4.Click Scan again in the second window that comes up.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for a multi-page PDF file or click File->Save to save your document.
1. Open Windows Fax and Scan from the Windows Start menu.
2. Select File->New->Scan.
4. Uncheck ‘Preview or scan images as separate files’.
5. Select the area you want to scan and click Scan.
6. Select File->Save As.
7. Select where to save your document and name it, then click Save.