Table of Contents
Flatbed Scanning (up to 8.5x11 inches)
Flatbed scanners are available on the first (east side), second and third floor of Bird library and Carnegie library, connected via USB to the public workstations. Instructions on how to use them can be found attached to the scanners or under the How-to section below.
Flatbed Scanning (up to 11x17 inches)
A single flatbed tabloid scanner, connected via USB to a public workstation, is located on the 4th floor of Bird library by the media viewing/listening area.
Copy Machines Scanning Function (up to 11x17 inches)
All Xerox copy machines available throughout the libraries have a scanning function with the ability to send directly to any email address or save to a USB flash drive (must be FAT formatted). The scanning function is free of charge, but requires a netid and password (or guest printing account login and password) to login.
Microfilm scanning/viewing machines are available on the 3rd floor of Bird library by the stairwell.
Creating a PDF
1. Click on the bottom left Windows logo and start typing the word acrobat. From the search results, open Adobe Acrobat DC.
2. Select File->Create->PDF from Scanner->Color Document.
3. When the first scan is complete, select Scan more pages for a multi-page PDF or Scan is Complete to finish scanning. Click OK.
4. Select File->Save.
5. Select where to save your document and name it, then click Save.
1. Click on the bottom left Windows logo and type in Windows Fax and Scan and open that program.
2. Select File->New->Scan.
3. Select Preview.
4. Uncheck ‘Preview or scan images as separate files’.
5. Select the area you want to scan and click Scan.
6. Select File->Save As.
7. Select where to save your document and name it, then click Save.