Table of Contents
Locations to Receive Wireless Networking
All areas of Bird Library and Carnegie Library. For a map of the coverage areas, see AirOrangeX: Locations and Public Hotspots.
Mac OS X/macOS (10.6 and up)
1. From the top right corner, click on the wireless icon and select Open Network Preferences....
2. Click on Turn AirPort Off. Then, select Advanced....
3. Under the Airport tab, delete any entries with the name AirOrangeX using the - button.
4. Under the 802.1x tab, remove any entries with the name AirOrangeX using the - button. Then press OK.
5. Click on Apply. Then, click on Turn AirPort On.
6. From the top right corner, click on the wireless icon and select AirOrangeHelp.
7. Open Safari from the Dock or Applications folder.
8. Go to http://airorangehelp.syr.edu and follow the directions there.
9. Click on the link to download Cloudpath.
10. A dialog should pop up, click on Allow.
11. The Cloudpath window should come up, enter your NetID and password and click Continue.
12. A dialog will pop up, enter your computer’s username and password (NOT your NetID and password). Click OK.
13. Back on the Cloudpath window, select Install.
14. Click Continue and follow the directions in the installer.
NOTE: Several prompts may show up asking for your computer's password.
15. Back on the Cloudpath window, click Continue.
16. Cloudpath should now authenticate, and then validate.
17. When finished, a web page should come up automatically. You’re now connected to AirOrangeX.
1. On the bottom right corner, click on the network icon and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. On the left side, select Manage wireless networks.
3. Select any entries with AirOrangeX in the name, and click on Remove to delete them. When done, close this window.
4. From the bottom right corner, select the network icon and connect to AirOrangeHelp.
5. Open Internet Explorer and go to http://airorangehelp.syr.edu and follow the directions there.
6. Click the link to download the NetworkWizardLoader.exe file.
7. You should get a pop up, look for the option that says Run and click it. If you only get the option to Save, click it and open the file when it finishes
8. The XpressConnect window should come up, enter your NetID and password and click Continue.
9. Additional software is needed, click Install.
10. A pop up will come up, click Install.
11. When finished, click OK.
12. Back on the XpressConnect window, click Continue.
13. If a bubble comes up, immediately click it. A small window will come up, enter your NetID and password to finish the setup.
14. When XpressConnect is done connecting, authenticating and validating, a web page will come up automatically. You’re now connected to AirOrangeX.
1. If you’re on the Start screen (live tiles), select the tile labeled Desktop.
2. Once on the desktop, click on the wireless icon in the system tray area (bottom-right corner).
3. From the available networks, select AirOrangeHelp and select Connect.
4. Open Internet Explorer from the taskbar or any other browser installed.
5. You should be redirected to the main AirOrangeHelp site, if not, go to http://airorangehelp.syr.edu.
6. Select click here for students, faculty and staff.
7. A popup should come up asking to install Cloudpath, select Install.
NOTE: click the manual download link if the popup does not come up automatically.
8. A User Account Control window may come up, select Yes.
9. A Windows SmartScreen can’t be reached message might come up, select Run anyway.
10. Another User Account Control window might come up, select Yes.
11. When the Cloudpath window comes up, type in your netid and password and select Continue.
12. Select Yes to install the certificate.
13. When the process finishes you will automatically be connected to AirOrangeX.
1. Select the wireless icon from the bottom-right notification area.
2. Select the AirOrangeHelp wireless network and hit Connect.
3. Open a web browser and go to http://airorangehelp.syr.edu.
4 .Select Click here for students, faculty and staff.
5. A pop-up/notification should come up, select Install (select Run or save file if those are the only options).
Troubleshoot - If nothing comes up, select the manual download page link to manually download Cloudpath (NetworkWizardLoader.exe)
6. A User Account Control window should come up, select Yes.
7. A Windows SmartScreen can't be reached right now window might come up, select Run anyway.
8. Another User Account Control window will come up, select Yes.
9. The Cloudpath application will load, enter your NetID and password and select Continue.
Troubleshoot - If it asks what would you like to do?, select Join the AirOrangeX network and hit Continue.
10. You should be automatically connected to AirOrangeX and a web page confirmation should come up.
1. From the bottom-right notification area, click on the wireless icon.
2. Click on the network area and select the AirOrangeX wireless network.
3. A window should pop-up, make sure to use the below settings:
- SSID - AirOrangeX
- EAP method - PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication - MSCHAPv2
- Identity - NetID
- Password - NetID password
4. You can check 'Save identity and password' to remember this network and automatically connect.
5. Click Connect, you should now be connected to AirOrangeX.