Setting Up a VPN Connection on OSX 10.6 or later
- Ensure your device is connected to the internet. For AoX configuration, follow the steps here: https://answers.syr.edu/x/igGNAQ
- Download the VPN connection tool. Click Here to Download.
- Enter your NetID and password to begin the download.
- Select the VPN Setup file in your browser's downloads area or search for VPN_Setup.dmg in your spotlight area and select the file.
- Scroll down once the window opens and select the "resources" folder. Note: The blue box with the "S" is not clickable.
- Once inside the resources folder, open the "SUVPNconfig.internetconnect" file.
- Under Account Name, enter your NetID and click "Connect".
(You may be required to Apply Changes before continuing)
- Enter your NetID and password.
- You should now be connected to the VPN.
Connecting to a Network Drive
To connect remotely to your network drive, please follow the instructions found here: Connecting Remotely to a Network Drive on OSX 10.6 or Newer
For instructions on printing wirelessly with your Mac, please follow the instructions found here: Wireless Printing for Mac OSX