Newhouse LA Event and Social Media Coordinator
Work to develop a sense of community among students and manage the Newhouse LA social media accounts.
- Working with the assistant director, plan student social activities (hikes, BBQs, museums visits, Dodgers games, miniature golf, etc.) on Saturdays and/or Sundays approximately every two-to-three weeks during the semester.
- Organize one community service day during the semester.
- Facilitate a student meet-and-greet prior to the welcome dinner.
- Promote events via GroupMe, email and word of mouth to boost student attendance.
- Distribute and monitor event sign-up sheets.
- Take photos and videos of students at events.
- Post to Instagram Stories during student events.
- Update the Instagram feed following student events.
- Additional posts/ social media tasks as assigned.
Meetings and Event Reports:
- Attend scheduled meetings with the assistant director approximately every three weeks.
Reply to emails from Newhouse LA staff in a timely manner.
Send an event summary report following each event along with text for an Instagram post, due by 10 a.m. the Monday following the event.
Report any event cancellations or no-shows.
A car is preferred but not required. Pay rate is $17 an hour.
Note: The Event and Social Media Coordinator must inform and receive approval from the Newhouse LA director prior to accepting another position of regular employment. Internship hours cannot exceed maximum hours set by Newhouse LA policy. In the event that a conflict arises with another non-academic activity (as determined at the discretion of the director), the duties involved with the Event and Social Media Coordinator position shall take precedence.
TO APPLY: Fill out the application form and send your resume to Lauren Palius firstname.lastname@example.org
Newhouse Student News Team - Writer/Reporter
Open to Newhouse majors and duals
- Write articles and/or take photographs for the Newhouse School website and social media accounts.
- Cover events, interview alumni or industry professionals or write personal essays conveying the Newhouse LA experience.
- Work closely with Newhouse LA director Robin Howard and Newhouse communications director Wendy Loughlin to identify content.
- Pitch story ideas.
Pay rate is $17 per hour.
TO APPLY: Send writing samples and/or portfolio to Madelyn Geyer email@example.com