Computer Not Working?
Here are a few easy trouble shooting steps you can take if your machine is not working properly:
- Have you done a cold reboot? Not just a restart, but turn the machine off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on?
- Plug another known working PC or laptop into the problem port and see if that works?
- Trying plugging your machine into a known working port. If the machine works fine in another port, please let us know.
To Make a Request
If you wish to make a wired or wireless connection request; please complete the appropriate Request Form, using either Firefox or Chrome browser, and we will be in touch with you shortly:
- Site surveys/estimates are provided at no charge with the exception of more complex surveys.
- A technician will be assigned to perform a site visit and cost estimate. The technician will advise you as part of their survey and estimate as to what course of action is needed.
- If there is no cabling or jack in the room please make note of this in your e-mail, since additional charges will apply.
- If a new pathway for voice/data cable or an electrical outlet is needed, you may be instructed to contact Physical Plant for installation.
- An official request includes the chart string that you wish to be charged and must be made by the authorized signer for that department/account.
- There is no need to send an ID; all charges will be billed directly through the campus general ledger service.
- If any questions, please visit our billing page.
- Installation requests will be scheduled within 3-7 business days after all of the required information is provided.
- You may expect a wait of at least 7-10 business days during peak times.
- Any requests for installation during the summer must be made 6 weeks prior to the start of fall semester in order for the work to be scheduled and completed prior to the start of classes.
- Any surveys that include entire buildings, new construction projects, or large wireless network installations will be billed at an hourly rate.
- Please send all requests for estimates to firstname.lastname@example.org and a technician will be in touch with you regarding the site survey.